To know Jesus intimately,
love Jesus faithfully,
and serve Jesus fruitfully!
Since the formation of this church in 1914, the ministry of women has provided a warm and caring ministry open to all women in the church. The heart of this ministry has always been to know Christ and to make Him known.
Women’s Discipleship Groups are women’s fellowship groups. Six active groups of women of all ages and interests meet once a month at various times of the day and evening and provide members with Bible study, book studies and an occasional guest speaker along with activities. Each woman in the church is encouraged to consider visiting a discipleship group to discover their warmth. Several times a year the groups get together for special speakers and a time of fellowship, enrichment, food and encouragement.
Any of the discipleship groups would be pleased to have new members. Take the time to look below and find one that meets at a convenient time for you. Then come visit and see what they are all about. Call the church office (676-0711) for phone numbers of the group leaders.
Abigail Discipleship Group meets the second Tuesday of each month at 9:30 a.m. in the Game Room of the Family Life Center. Studies are varied and sometimes include a guest speaker.
Elizabeth Discipleship Group meets on the second Wednesday morning of each month at 10 a.m. in the church library for a time of Bible study. During the summer this group meets once a month at various restaurants for a time of fellowship.
Ruth Discipleship Group meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm in the Mission House (unless otherwise noted).
Mary Martha Discipleship Group (M&M’s) meets on the second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. at the same member’s home each month. Goodies and fellowship begin our evening together followed by a time of lively, discussion oriented book study or bible study. This group includes all ages and has had several mother/daughter teams attending in the past.
First Pres Women’s Ministries News
- Women of the Church Spring Retreat January 23, 2017 The Annual ARP Women’s Ministries Spring Retreat will take place at the Florida FFA Leadership Training Center in Haines City on March 4 – 5, 2016.
- Lake Wales Women’s Bible Study January 9, 2017 The Lake Wales Women’s Bible Study will begin again Wednesday, January 11th at noon. Our new home will be the Lake Wales First Baptist Church parlor at 338 E Central Avenue. We will continue our Study with Philippians and end the season with Philemon and then a luncheon on March 8th. We welcome all ladies ...
- The FL Presbytery Women’s Ministries Annual Meeting October 3, 2016 The FL Presbytery Women’s Ministries Annual Meeting will take place at the First Presbyterian Church of Sebring (319 Poinsettia Ave – 863-385-0107) on Saturday, October 15. The board meeting begins at 9:30 am, the regular meeting (all are invited) at 11:00 am and concludes with a free lunch.
- Tapestry Tea October 20, 2014 There will be a Tapestry Tea on Sunday, November 2 at 4:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall. The program will feature style expert, author and entrepreneur Carin Storm Swenson. Carin will present “What’s Your Style?” With more than 30 years of experience in the fashion industry, Carin created the ever-popular “Own Your Style Fashion Boot Camps.” ...
- New Circle October 3, 2014 You are warmly invited to attend the formational meeting of a new Women’s Circle. When: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 Time: 9:30AM – 11:00AM Where: Home of Jane Terry: 1133 N Lakeshore Blvd Bible study leader: Ellen Harmeling RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or 676-2003
- Tapestry Tea November 4, 2013 There will be a Tapestry Tea, Sunday, November 10th at 4:00 pm in the Family Life Center hosted by the Mary Martha and Esther Circles. Jeff Herman, who decorated for Walt Disney World, will present a program on creative holiday decorating. Nursery will be available. Come and bring a friend!
- Bible Study for Women September 17, 2013 These sessions will present “Invincible Love, Invisible War” from the people who brought us “The Amazing Collection!” Bible Study for Women Lake Wales Woman’s Club 275 Park Avenue, East Call 632-1456 for more information. $12.00 fee covers all sessions. Registration: Mail check to Linda Rogers 2545 Lakefront Drive, Lake Wales, FL 33898.
- Tapestry Tea March 23, 2013 “A Garden Tea Party,” will be held Sunday, April 14th, at 4 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall for all ladies, mothers and daughters. Kim Henry (new resident in the Rockness’ house on Park Ave.) will be speaking on flower arranging from materials you have at home. Kim is the owner of Garden Party Florals, wedding ...
- Florida Presbytery Elder and Deacon Training March 10, 2013 The training, along with ARP Women’s Ministries seminar “You are a woman… You are a Christian…You are invited” will take place here at our church on March 23rd from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm in the Family Life Center. You can register by calling the church office at 676-0711 or online at www.arpcem.com. Women can either ...
- Elizabeth Circle March 10, 2013 The Elizabeth Circle will meet in the church Library on Wednesday, March 13th at 10:oo am. Come and bring a friend.