Children’s and Youth classes are available from preschool 2’s through college. Nursery is provided for children three and under on the main level near the sanctuary.
Children’s classes meet downstairs and use Great Commission Publication’s Show Me Jesus curriculum (gcp.org). The Children’s Council provides direct oversight to the children’s classes under the headship of the Christian Education Committee. Before Sunday School begins children have the opportunity to recite Triple Play (Bible knowledge, Bible memorization, catechism) to a Triple Play facilitator in the downstairs hallway.
Shepherds (Preschool 2’s and 3’s) group meets in classroom 100 and is led by Michelle Hurst. This group studies God’s Family, God’s Son, God’s Love, and God’s People.
Prophets (Preschool 4’s and Kindergarten) group meets in classroom 140 and is led by Laney Reynolds, Stewart Hurst, Lynne Hulen, and Carol Crews. This year they will study God Leads His People, Living in God’s Family, Jesus is God, and Serving the Savior.
Wise Men (1st and 2nd grade) group meets in classroom 150 and is led by Suzie and Troy Hershberger. This year they will study Obeying God, Knowing Jesus, Serving God, and Pleasing God.
Disciples (3rd through 5th grade) group meets in classroom 160 and is led by Shay Hixenbaugh and Dana Lewis. This year they will study God’s Grace in the Law, God’s Design for Worship, God’s Growing Church, and God’s Servants.
Student groups meet in the Family Life Center. The Youth Council provides direct oversight to the student classes under the headship of the Christian Education Committee.
The Middle School (6th-8th grade) group and the High School (9th-12th grade) group are combined and meet in Matt’s office in the Family Life Center and is led by Stacey Butcher and Amanda Quam.
Please contact Emma Pike, Director of Christian Education for more information. You can contact her at 863-676-0711 x110 or firstname.lastname@example.org..
Sunday School News
- Communicants’ Class October 10, 2016 Beginning Sunday, October 16, during the small group time (10:45 am), Pastor Chad will be teaching a Communicants’ Class in the Media Room (in the Family Life Center) for all middle school students. This class will serve as a refresher for any students who have already joined the church and it will be an opportunity ...
- Two New Adult Sunday School Classes August 29, 2012 Vince Treadway begins a study of Proverbs in the Choir Room on September 2. This class is open to all and will end promptly at 10:20 in order to accommodate Vince and others that need to prepare for the 11:00 service. Waltke’s commentary on Proverbs will be used. Please contact Vince if you would like ...
- Journey to the Cross March 26, 2012 Palm Sunday (April 1) and Easter Sunday (April 8), children 5th grade and under will learn about Holy Week during the Sunday School hour. Kids will meet downstairs in the children’s area from 9:45 – 10:45 am for Bible lessons and activities centered on Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday. Please contact ...
- The Covenants: Lesson 6 September 18, 2011 In this youth lesson, teacher Shane Miller talks about the Abrahamic Covenant.
- The Covenants: Lesson 5 September 11, 2011 Shane Miller taught this Youth lesson on God’s covenant with Abraham…the eternal covenant of grace.