The Men’s Group is multi-generational and includes several veterans of war. This class is the only one just for men and is led by Andy Hunt and his father, Frank Hunt II. This class uses the International Sunday School Lesson Standard, and David C. Cook commentaries as a basis for their curriculum. The Men’s Group meets in the Associate Pastor’s office.
The Lamplighters class is led by elder Pat Frankenburger. This class is currently comprised of ladies (and a few gentlemen) in their 50’s and above with a heart for supporting local ministries. The Lamplighters use David C. Cook Bible Lesson Commentary and the NIV Standard Curriculum and meet in the Seminar Room.
Ellen Harmeling is the teacher of the Salt Shakers. This group is rich in wisdom and wit, and includes many of our most tenured congregants. The Salt Shakers use the International Sunday School Lesson curriculum. You will find the Salt Shakers in the downstairs Breezeway Classroom of the Vintage Building.
Faith Works is led by David Nelson and Dale Vining. This group contains many couples in the “empty nest” stage of life. Class always begins with a time to both share prayer concerns and pray for one another. Faith Works uses a Sermon Series discussion guide provided by our pastoral team. The Faith Works group meets in the Family Life Center Gym Classroom C.
Many of the Seekers (Lecture Hall A) are in the “heading toward retirement” and/or “becoming grandparents” stages of life. The Seekers group is co-led by Mary Benner, Max Linton and Jim Weaver. This class enjoys variety in study and often uses book studies for discussion and application to God’s word and daily living.
You will find the Upper Room in the Family Life Center gym classroom A. Many in this group are middle-aged/retirees and they enjoy lively interaction with an emphasis on prayer and Biblical application to daily living. Upper Room is led by Jayne Terry, Dale Bourdette and John DuBois. This class enjoys variety in study and often uses book studies for discussion and application to God’s word and daily living.
Visit the Breakfast Club downstairs in the Vintage Building’s former Rec. Room. This group is mainly comprised of couples in their 30’s to 50’s, many who are also parents of young children. Added bonuses to the Bible teaching are a full breakfast and close proximity to the children’s classrooms. Mike Berkau along with Jim and Shelley Underwood lead the Breakfast Club group.
Vince Treadway leads Indepth in the Choir Room. This group is currently studying “The Life of David”. Everyone is welcome!
Ephesians is led by Shane Miller in the Vintage Building’s upstairs Breezeway Classroom. This group currently consists of singles and couples in their 20’s and 30’s.
Magnificat meets in Lecture Hall B in the Vintage Building and is taught by Tom Furland.
Matt and Candy Joldersma work together with Fox and Elaine Rawlings to teach College and Young Adults in the Family Life Center Game Room on Sunday mornings. This group uses a Sermon Series discussion guide provided by our pastoral team.
One More Mile meets in the Pastor’s Office and is led by Chad Reynolds. This group is made up mainly of those in the young family stage of life. One More Mile is a discussion group which uses a discussion guide provided by our pastoral team.
Please contact Matt Joldersma, Associate Pastor for more information. You can reach him by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Small Group News
- Upper Room Sunday School Class August 6, 2016 The UPPER ROOM Sunday School Class is back in gym classroom “B” in the FLC. We are beginning a four-week video series “Thriving in Babylon” followed by a study “Growing Old- er and Wiser”. If you are looking for a discussion oriented small group with good fellowship, join us after church.
- Apologetics in the Upper Room May 26, 2015 Have you ever wrestled with questions such as: What is Truth?; Is God Real?; Who is Jesus?; or, Can the Bible be Trusted? The UPPER ROOM Sunday School Class plans to find some answers as they begin a study in apologetics using a book series by Ravi Zacharis and Danielle DuRant. This series promises to include ...
- Magnificat Sunday School Class June 29, 2014 Join the new Magnificat Sunday School class on July 6th as they begin a study of the Book of Luke.
- Sunday School Update: September 15, 2013 September 11, 2013 On September 15th, the Upper Room Sunday School Class will studying the Jewish feast of Pentacost and how it relates to us today. The Breakfast Club will be studying Mark. The Faith Works Class will review the The 6th commandment. Thou shalt not commit murder. For more information on our Sunday School Program, please contact Emma Pike (email@example.com) or ...
- Sunday School Update: September 1, 2013 August 25, 2013 On September 1st, the Upper Room Sunday School Class will begin a video series on the many Jewish feasts and how they relate to us today. The Breakfast Club will be studying Mark chapter 8. The Faith Works Class will review the 1st through the 4th Commandments…Our duty to God. For more information on our Sunday School Program, ...