Micah Burklin is our Director of Youth Ministries.
Born in 1993 in Winter Haven, he spent the first two years of his life in Florida before his family moved to Berlin, Germany as missionaries with World Witness. During the several moves his family made back and forth from Germany to Lake Wales, he managed to attend one year at Polk Avenue Elementary, one year at McLaughlin Middle School, and two years at Lake Wales High School. Micah finished his secondary education in Rock Hill, SC where his father, Heiko, pastored the Neely’s Creek ARP Church. He is a 2015 graduate of Erskine College, earning a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. While at Erskine, Micah competed on the Men’s soccer team and ministered to high schoolers with Greenwood Young Life.
You can contact Micah at email@example.com.
Posts by Micah Burklin
- Horizon/Quest Deadlines to keep in mind March 20, 2017 Scholarship Applications will be due by April 30th; Registration deposits will be due by May 10th; any balances due by May 31st. All forms are available here or from Micah.
- 2017 Summer Camp Scholarship Application February 6, 2017 2017 Summer Camp Scholarship Application Requirement: In order to apply for a camp (Horizon/Quest) scholarship from the First Presbyterian Church of Lake Wales; students must participate in a minimum of 5 service projects hosted by the church or in service to a FPC member. This gives members opportunities to get some extra help around their ...
- Winter Retreat 2017 December 12, 2016 Winter Retreat for Middle & High School students will take place January 27-29 at Lake Aurora Camp. The keynote speaker is Russell Jeffrey and the band is Overflow. The cost is $99.00. All registration and release forms are available here or from Micah. Registration deadline is January 15, 2017.
- Riptide Back to School Bash August 15, 2016 Riptide (High School) Back to School Bash at Becky (Johnson) Jahna’s home Sunday the 21st from 3:00 – 7:00 pm. Guys please bring beverages and girls please bring a dessert or snack.
- Who-U Back to School Bash August 15, 2016 Who-U (Middle School) Back to School Bash at the Joldersma/Nelson home Saturday the 20th from 3:00 – 7:00 pm. Guys please bring beverages and girls please bring a dessert or snack.