Bonclarken Conference Center is advertising an open position for Vice President for Finance / Controller.
Start Date: January 1,2014
Bonclarken Conference Center, Inc, is the conference center of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church. As a 501(c)(3) ministry, our mission is to “provide and promote a Christian environment for inspiration and renewal.” Located in Flat Rock, NC, we provide facilities for worship, education, fellowship, and recreation for Christian and educational groups on a year-round basis, We are members of ECFA and have annual outside financial reviews.
The Vice President for Finance / Controller should have at least five years of financial experience (ideally in a non-profit setting) and will have experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations. He or she should have “hands on” experience in accounting, budgeting, control and reporting.
- An evangelical Christian who has made a personal commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrated commitment and passion for the mission of Bonclarken.
- Minimum of a BS; a CPA or CMA preferred,
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll working knowledge and experience. Understanding of fund accounting a plus.
- Skill in using current technology to efficiently manage all financial aspects of Bonclarken,
- Collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
- Effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently.
If you feel you meet these qualifications, please provide your resume and cover letter to Joseph (Chip) Sherer, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 500 Pine Drive, Flat Rock, NC 28731.
Please respond by September 1, 2013.